Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reflection: The Times They Are a Changing!

We had an interesting discussion today on the discussion board about technology and what types to use in the library. Sylvia mentioned that the TL in her school is not necessarily tech oriented and so the decisions about what types of technology that have been placed in the library might reflect this. I mentioned that it must be difficult for TL's who are not tech savvy. I am very interested in learning more about technology and still have a long way to go. In addition to instilling a love of reading in children, using technology to advance literacy skills is another aspect of the job that I am really looking forward to when I become a TL. Technology has really become important in the role of the TL nowadays and it is helpful when the TL is knowledgeable. My heart feels for those TL's out there who have been doing an awesome job but now find themselves thrust into this foreign world of technology! But I guess this is the way it is with teaching! The times they are always a changing! It is so nice when there is a teacher on staff who is willing to be a mentor in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment